Joey and I have wanted a dog ever since we moved in together. We both love dogs but the time was never right. Well, turns out our little man loves dogs just as much as we do. He gets excited and wants to play when he sees dogs, particularly large dogs. So I decided to take Michael to the local shelter just to "look". Then, of course, I fell in love with Crystal, a gentle Akita/Husky. Crystal was rescued as a stray and placed for adoption because no one claimed her. The shelter guessed her age around 5 or 6. When I returned with Joey to show him Crystal, she came right up to us and Michael started giggling as he reached out to pet her. It was so cute! Joey liked Crystal too but was the voice of reason and asked that we sleep on it. He reminded me of the cost, time, energy, and attention that we would have to to forth for a dog. I reminded him of Michael's reaction when he saw the dog...so we got the dog.
Crystal is very mellow and incredibly well behaved. She's starting to get more comfortable at our house and a little playful. Michael still gets excited when we play with her.


No comments:
Post a Comment