Michael started swim lessons today at the Ventura Aquatic Center and we had a great time. It was his first time in a big pool but he loves the water so I knew he would enjoy it. I must have put 4 layers of sunscreen on him to prepare for the sun. I may have overdid it. There were about 10 other babies there, two of which are Michael's friends from our Mommy and Me group at the kid's gym. All the babies in their widdle bathing suits, trunks, and sun hats are adorable. It didn't take long for the instructor to start calling Michael "Smiley". For the first several minutes he didn't play or seem to notice we were in the water, he just smiled at all the moms. He had no interest in the dads. Michael did pick up on some great pool skills though. He floated on his back, splashed Mom, floated on his tummy, splashed Mom, held on to the ledge, splashed Mom, kicked his legs and splashed Mom. The other parents quickly learned to give Michael and I our space. He wasn't that enthusiastic about the song and dances except for when I lifted him up and down into the water. Overall, that was his favorite part. Michael was very tuckered out after the class. He fell asleep on the way home, before lunch. Hopefully, Joey can visit our class next week and take some pictures.
Here's Michael waking up from his long nap. I left him in his carseat so not to wake him and moved it to his room when we got home.

1 comment:
Please ask Joey to videotape it when he does go - I'd love to see that little imp in the water! =)
Post a Comment