Rafael Valentino
Here I am dilated to 6 cm and not yet feeling contractions. The night before I dreamt I was in labor but woke up feeling nothing but minor cramps. When I went to my doctor appointment that morning, she was shocked to find that I was dilated to 4 and had no awareness that I was in labor. She wanted to send me to the hospital right then but thought, I must start to feel my contractions at some point. I eventually did...barely.
Rafael Valentino was born less than 24 hours later on 10/15/14 at 1:08pm. He weighed 7lbs 4 oz and was 20 inches long. He decided to come two weeks early, one day before Michael's birthday, weighing the same birth weight as Michal and just a 1/4 inch longer.
Rafael was born sweet, cute, and cuddly. Within moments of being born he wrapped his tiny hand onto my finger and lifted his head to look right up into my eyes.
Here we are getting a very, very special visitor. It was tough being away from this guy for so long, but I knew he was in good hands. He got special time with Mopsy, Popsy, and Nana. Boy was I happy to see him walk through the door in his snazzy suit. Michael thought I was holding his cousin, baby Colton. I had to explain that his baby brother was born and no longer in Mommy's tummy. He had to check out my tummy to be sure. When I took Michael to preschool after Rafael was born, he explained to teacher Mario that baby brother came out of Mommy's tummy.
Michael was very excited to visit us in the hospital. He enjoyed playing hide and seek behind the beds. This day was Michael's actual birthday and we celebrated at the same hospital that he was born in just two years ago.
Michael showed Rafael his birthday present from his preschool teachers - an automobile activity book.
Morning time cuddles
Finally home
On our second day home, we took Rafael around the neighborhood. He seemed to enjoy it, he slept the whole time.
At home with my favorite boys
Michael just beams when he holds Rafael. He's typically very gentle when holding him.
Here's Michael showing Rafael his penguin. Michael is great about sharing his toys. He likes to show Rafael his cars, trucks and trains. We've had to explain a few things about sharing with Rafael. For instance, Michael can show Rafael his toys by holding them in front of Rafael's face at a distance, not by driving them over his face.
Kissy faces
I love these first smiles


















No comments:
Post a Comment