We picked up our Christmas tree at a little farm in Ventura. They had barn animals, tractors and ponies. Michael loved it! He ran up and down the rows of trees in excitement. When Joey got the Christmas tree set up in the house, Michael immediately grabbed a few hot wheels and threw them into the tree as if that's what you do with Christmas trees. Joey and I weren't too pleased with this because after he lost his cars in the tree, Michael would gasp with shock and ask us to find his cars. He acted as though he didn't know how his cars got into the tree and when asked, he would plead the 5th. During the day I couldn't fish out his cars while holding Rafael so he knew he had to wait for Daddy to get home. Just as soon as Joey walked in the door, Michael would yell with urgency "Police car in the Christmas tree!" With the excitement over the tree, I didn't put ornaments on this year. Instead, I decorated the tree with the wonderful handmade Christmas ornaments from Michael's preschool and Christmas cards we received from friends and family. Michael still found ways to mess with the tree, however. He turned the Christmas lights on and off constantly from the power strip and tried to pull the lights off the tree a few times.
I didn't tell him much about Santa Claus, just pointed out who he is. Somehow, he figured out what Santa is all about. I realized this when a stranger asked Michael what he asked Santa for this Christmas and he replied without hesitation "a dump truck or trains." Well, he must have been on Santa's super nice list because he got just what he asked for....and then some!
We visited The Channel Islands Winter Wonderland with Mopsy and Popsy. Michael loved playing in snow for the first time. He even got to see where southern California snow comes from....a dump truck! And boy he loved jumping in the bounce house.
Surprisingly, Michael wasn't afraid of Santa Claus. He had a little chat with him. I'm not sure what about but I'm guessing it involved boats.
We visited The Channel Islands Winter Wonderland with Mopsy and Popsy. Michael loved playing in snow for the first time. He even got to see where southern California snow comes from....a dump truck! And boy he loved jumping in the bounce house.
Surprisingly, Michael wasn't afraid of Santa Claus. He had a little chat with him. I'm not sure what about but I'm guessing it involved boats.
A Very Paso Christmas
Our first trip to Paso since Rafael was born and both boys were troupers. Michael started saying "almost to ranch" around Santa Barbara. We had to tell him several times we had a ways to go. I think this was the first time Michael was awake when we drove through the tunnel in Gaviota. This was very exciting. He put his arms up just like I taught him to when going under tunnels. The moment we came to the end of the tunnel, he yelled "do again!" We passed the time of the trip by talking about all the relatives we were about to see. When we told Michael we were going to the ranch, he said "feed mama and baby cows." And that's just what he did when we arrived.
Trucks are very serious business
The day following A Very Paso Christmas was A Very DeChellis Christmas. Complete with more cars, trucks, and home made tamales.
For Rafael's first Christmas, he wore Joey's first Christmas pajamas. Michael also wore them for his first Christmas. Here's Rafael perfectly happy and smiley with Popsy.
It's not a tradition to have a picture taken with a screaming baby in front of the Christmas tree.
Michael is again in little boy heaven with the abundance of trucks in the house. My house has been taken over by trucks, trains and baby clothes. And I love it!
I asked Michael yesterday if he had a good Christmas and he said "saw so many boats in the aqua with Mopsy, Popsy, Mama, Dada, (and) baby brother."
Here's a picture from last Christmas that I want to share. Time goes by too fast!


















No comments:
Post a Comment