Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I Love Naps

Oh, how I love naps. Snuggling up with a blanket in the middle of the day, after the chaos of the morning. The warm afternoon air soothing me to sleep with faint background noise of the happenings outside. Birds occasionally chirping, cars swooshing. At least, I love the idea of them because I haven't had a nap in....I can't remember when. Naps are amazing, though. Can someone please tell this to my children because they don't believe me. Rafael in particular is going through a phase (at least I hope it's a phase) of believing that he doesn't need a nap. He can keep himself up for a while but eventually crashes around dinner time. Then he doesn't sleep at night. Actually, he becomes a wild, crazy beast of a 2 year old whose mission is to not let anyone else sleep.


These pictures of the boys on the couch were taken on a day when they both fought a nap only for me to find them like this a couple hours later.


Sometimes, only Mommy and Daddy's bed will do.

Sometimes we sleep on top of the ottoman


We don't always need pants

Sometimes, we sleep inside the ottoman



 I completely panicked one afternoon when I went into Rafael's room to check on him during nap time and could not find him. I looked and looked and finally moved the bed. He was sleeping wedged between a box under the bed and the wall. 

When we don't fall asleep at nap time, we don't always crash on the couch or 
ottoman, sometimes we go into meltdown mode.



Sometimes, we run and hide during nap time. 
I had to look around for a while before finding Rafael hiding in Avalene's crib. 

Sometimes we fall asleep at the doctor's office.

I told Rafael he could not leave the carpet area of his bedroom. So this is where he fell asleep:


And we love to sleep in the car. But only if its really early or really late. 
Just to make sure we throw the day off. 
Definitely not when we leave at actual nap time.




Michael and Rafael share a bedroom. Michael falls to sleep within 15 minutes. Rafael will then do everything in his power to wake Michael up to get a rise out of him and us. He will often jump on his bed and scream. Michael tries his best to put up with Rafael but some nights, he just can't ignore him. The other night Michael came out of his room, very sleepy, and said Rafael kept getting up in his face and saying "I have a problem!, I have a problem!", but there was no problem. 

We tried to solve this bedtime issue by putting Rafael's traveling cot in Avalene's room so they both can fall asleep seperately, then we transfer Rafael back to his bed. One night Joey opened the room to the nursery and couldn't find him but could hear him breathing. You can watch the video and see what we found. I still don't know how he got himself in there like that. 






No comments: