Pages

Monday, October 10, 2016

From the Mouths of Babes vol. 7

I'd like some squirrel mix please (trail mix).


Mommy, I made a plant. I put it in the dirt. I mixed it around and put in water. And then it's going to grow, like my thumb.


Look a little excavator. Maybe if it eats its vegetables, it'll grow up to be a BIG excavator


Me: Michael, if you kick your brother again, you are going into your room for a time out!
Michael: NO, THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Michael perched his monster truck next to him on the couch and said "My monster truck is just watching me eat."

Joey was driving the boys home from school and Michael asked if they were meeting me at a restaurant. Joey said no, we have food at home. Michael told him he wanted to order food and said "Dad, you do your job and I'll do mine. Drive straight!" Which was the direction of Taco Shack, left was the way home.

Rafael has been greeting me in the bathroom lately by yelling "gotcha!"



Michael: "C" starts with cut and car! "F" starts with f@*k!
Rafael: sweet baby voice "f@*k, f@*k, f@*k".


Michael: Mama!!!!
Me: Yes?
Michael: I just called you.
Me:Yeah?
Michael.......Yeah.


Michael: BOB RAFAEL, BOB RAFAEL, BOB RAFAEL, BOB RAFAEL, BOB RAFAEL, BOB RAFAEL, BOB RAFAEL, BOB RAFAEL, BOB RAFAEL, BOB RAFAEL.....
Me: Michael, what are you saying?
Michael: Bob Rafael!
Me: Why are you saying that?
Michael: Because I like it.
Me: What is Bob Rafael?
Michael: It's what Rafael is!




Michael was playing on the floor surrounded by a plethora of trains when Rafael took a seat in his near vicinity and began playing with some unattended trains. Michael began to scream holy hell which prompted me to run into the room in a panic. When I realized what the injustice was, I told Michael to calm down because Rafael just wants to play with a couple trains that he wasn't playing with and he wasn't hurting anybody. To which Michael replied, "yes he did, he hurt my feelings!"


Michael was in the bathroom getting into the bandaids when he we suppose to be brushing huis teeth. When I tried to convince him he didn't need bandaids he said, I need one for my knee, Rafael is going to hit me soon



Look Mom, my socks match!



Michael: There are goodnights that live in castles.
Me: Are you saying good-knights, like Knights that were soldiers in castles.
Michael: yeah
Me: They had to be brave and strong.
Michael: Like Daddy?



I put a world map up in the hallway. Michael was very excited about it. He got his stool out, stood right in front of the map and said "Look Mama! We live here, in Captain America!"

In talking about bats in a book, I asked Michael if he knew what nocturnal meant. He said "yes" they his birthday was in nocturnal 

Me: What is your brother doing?
Michael: Um, I think he's on fire

Rafael's favorite request: "Tickle me!" 

On Valentine's Day (I know this blog is late), I made pancakes for breakfast. As I was making them, Rafael went to find his bib, put it on himself, then greeted me like this in the kitchen ready to claim his pancake.

How to follow weight watchers when you have toddlers: 
1. Measure out all your food to calculate points throughout the day. 
2. Estimate that with all the bites of food your toddlers have stolen from your plate all day, you now have enough points left over for ice cream. 
3. Watch the pounds melt away.

I took Rafael to the pharmacy with me to pick up a prescription. In the whole 10 minutes we had to wait, Rafael ran away from me several times, grabbed onto another woman's leg thinking it was me, tried to run out of the front doors, and knocked down a standing rack of heading pads. I gave him this large ball to entertain him while I finished my transaction. I assumed I would end up having to buy it but to my surprise he left the ball when I said it was time to go. After we got into the car and all buckled in, Rafael began quietly whimpering "ball, my ball" while pointing to the store. We went back for the ball and this is how he rode the whole way home. 


Michael: I'm almost a grown-up.
Me: You are?
Michael: Yes, because I'm eating my vegetables.
Joey: yes and pretty soon, you'll have to get a job.
Michael: Yes! I want pretzels. 

No comments: