Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

From the Mouths of Babes



Michael runs up to me "My head!!!"
Me: "What's wrong with your head?"
Michael: " There's a nipple on it!!!!"
Translation: Michael bumped his head and thinks there's a bump on it.



Michael was playing with his cars near the "off limits" area next to Joey's desk. So I ask:
"Michael, what are you doing?"
And he replies, "Sitting like a snake."



"Ahhgoooo"



Michael notices I have a scab on my knee and kisses my boo boo. He then reaches up and asks to "kiss mommy's two-head"



Me: "Michael, please don't lay on your brother, he's very fragile."
Michael: "But I love him."
 


Michael: "Where is my Armored Car?"
Joey: "I don't know"
Michael: "I put it in the laundry"




"Ahhgeeee"
 



Me: "Michael, can I change your diaper? Did you finish going poo poo?"
Michael: "No"
Me: "Do you have more poo poo?"
Michael: "Yes, there's four poops!"
 



Michael likes to play hide and seek. Often times he'll put a blanket over his head only to tear it off and yell with excitement "I found me!"



I get the boys all ready to visit Daddy for lunch. Michael is excited to go outside but becomes very dissapointed that I have to sit down to nurse Rafael before we leave. Michael decides to take matters into his own hands. He searches for his shoes but decides they're too hard to get on himself. So he finds some shoes that will do (mine) and heads to tackle the door. 
"Look there's a water fountain. It's peeing!!!"


 "Ieeeee"




I was driving home after picking up the boys from daycare. After a few minutes of silence, Michael says "kids like ice cream....and chocolate." 
Well, I guess so!




A couple of times Michael has walked into the room that I am in and announced "I'M BAACK!!! or Here I am"



I gave Michael a sticker for being a good boy. He immediately peeled it off from its backing and placed it on his head....where it stayed uninterrupted for the next TWO hours.




"Guh"




Michael stomps over to me and with an accusatory tone, demands "Where's my phone!"
Me: "You don't have a phone, what phone are you talking about?"
Michael: "It's at Dada's work!"
Me: "You mean Daddy's phone. Yes, he has it with him at work."
Michael: "Michael's phone!"

Later that evening after Joey's home, Michael finds his phone on the couch and says "My phone!"
He shows it to me and says with excitement "I found it, Mama!"
He then immediately finds his way to his favorite monster truck game

The next day we met Joey for lunch. After dropping Joey off back at work, Joey says his goodbyes to each of us and walks away. Michael puts his head down and I hear him say quietly to himself, under his breath, "He has my phone"
 Here Michael put "his phone" on the arm of his chair, just like Daddy does.



Joey: "Alright, it's nap time"
Michael: "Yes, it's getting late"
 






Me: Michael, we're almost to school. I want you to have a great day.
Michael: "I love you, Mommy"
 




I find my basket in this condition and I wonder what happened.

 The next day I find this.




We were all in the car going to Rafael's doctor's appointment and Joey put NPR on. Joey and I were discussing the topic and apparently talking too loud when Michael said:
"Mama, I can't hear me." 
 



Me: "Michael, do you want to bring one of your cars with you to the store?"
Michael: "Yes. My Armored car"
Me: "Where is it?"
Michael: "On the couch mountain."
Translation: The car is on the arm of the couch


 
"Mama" Okay, maybe that's wishful thinking.




At 3:00am, Michael called for me. When I got to his room he stood up in his bed and said
"It's morning time, Mama. Time to get up!"
Ummmmm, not quite.




As I was choking on water, Michael looked at me with concern and in a caring, sweet voice said "Okay, Mama?" I smiled and said yes. He then asked "Do you need water?"
 




Joey was rocking Rafael and after he fell asleep, Joey closed his eyes. Michael went up to him and sweetly said "Wake up Dada. It's morning time again." 




Michael and I were watching videos of himself on my phone. I played a video that was just of Rafael babbling and Michael said "I don't like that one." and asked for a "different Michael episode"








No comments: