Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

We finally have grass!

We love our house that we bought in Santa Paula, but we don't have a lawn. The front yard is all pavement and plants and the backyard is all citrus trees and cement. Being at home all day, Michael and I get cabin fever. More Michael than me, that boy LOVES being outside. So I've been asking Joey for a while to get rid of the cement in the backyard and put in some grass for us to play on. Actually, I begged, pleaded, bargained, and outright demanded grass and nothin'. Despite all my efforts, Joey said it would be too much of a hassle. Finally, when he asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, I knew just what to ask for.





We all love the backyard. Michael loves the grass so much he tries to eat it. Just being outside is soothing to him. It doesn't matter if he's in his swing, helping me pick the citrus trees, listening to the wind chimes, or just sitting in the grass looking up at the trees, he loves it. He's teething AGAIN and just opening the door to go outside calms him when he is upset.

I didn't get a picture of the backyard before Joey jack-hammered all the cement, but trust me, he did a great job transforming the yard. This is an awesome first Mother's Day gift!

No comments: