Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

First Trip to the Zoo

This has been a busy and exciting week for us. Michael had his 6 month well baby check up on Monday and he is in the 75th percentile for weight, height and head circumference. As the doctor was testing his sitting up skills, Michael became very distracted with the crinkly protective paper on the bed. Once he tore a little piece off he refused to sit up. He arched his back and neck all the way back so the doctor would let him lay down so he could enjoy his crinkly paper with his hands and feet. Michael and I also started a Mommy and Me group this week that we both enjoyed. His favorite part was the singing and dancing, his excitement made it my favorite part too. 

Michael is growing so fast these days. His skills are becoming more advanced as we speak. He can sit up unassisted and roll around on the floor now. Toys that he didn't show that much interest in when placed in front of him are much more interesting now that he can roll and explore them at his own will. He rolls in one direction better than the other right now. While rolling himself around on the floor, he nudged himself next to the sofa and rather than try to roll the other way, he aggressively attempted to push the couch out of his way with lots of straining and grunting. Both of his bottom teeth have cut and they are sharp! Hopefully he'll have some time before the next set comes in, he had a hard time with those teeth. It seemed as though they'd been bothering him since he was 2 months.

This week Michael Michael had a wonderful visit with Auntie Shu and Auntie Teena while I went to a training class for next school year. Thank you guys for babysitting all day!It was stressful for me to leave him all day but I know you guys took good care of him. Joey and I enrolled Michael in a day care that he will attend starting August when I return to work. I hate the thought of not being with him during the day but I think he will be happy at this day care located on a little family farm. Ninety percent of their day is outside...Michael's favorite place to be.

This fun-filled week was topped off with Michael's first trip to the zoo. The three of us went to the Santa Barbara Zoo yesterday and had an adventure. Michael enjoys just being outdoors so we knew he'd have a good time. We saw elephants, monkeys, and a leopard. We even saw a brand new baby giraffe born a few days ago with his mama and papa. But I think Michael's favorite part of the zoo was the big water fountain in the flamingo pool. After a couple of hours lil' Michael was all tuckered out so we head home.





                          The tired baby didn't want to sleep in the stroller after all the excitement.


 

Our happy baby :)

Fun around the house

No comments: