Now I must tell you, our house has toddler music going 24/7. I taught Michael the sign for music, which he does his own version of, and he uses his sign to ask for music as soon as he gets up and we go into the living room. And he lets you know immediately if he doesn't like the song. Actually, he warns you, and if you don't change the song that warning gets louder and louder until something is done about the horrific song that we are forcing him to listen to. Well, on this particular day, the music was playing as usual and he loved the song. I walked into the room to a new kind of dancing that I haven't seen him perform before. I was fortunate to capture it on camera and sadly he hasn't done it since.
Sunday, April 13, 2014
I feel like dancin'
It's very hard to capture Michael's awesome dance moves on film. Throughout the day he spontaneously demonstrates his interpretive dance moves to demonstrate his happiness. He most frequently dances when in anticipation for a preferred food. For example, he does what I call the "banana dance" when he sees me preparing food for him that he approves of, usually bananas or "anana" (his favorite food). This banana dance is a slow bounce of the legs and sway of the arms while keeping his head still and low while looking up to maintain eye contact with a soft smile. I love it! His dance to music is different, a fast bounce with a big smile and yell "ahhhhhhh".
Now I must tell you, our house has toddler music going 24/7. I taught Michael the sign for music, which he does his own version of, and he uses his sign to ask for music as soon as he gets up and we go into the living room. And he lets you know immediately if he doesn't like the song. Actually, he warns you, and if you don't change the song that warning gets louder and louder until something is done about the horrific song that we are forcing him to listen to. Well, on this particular day, the music was playing as usual and he loved the song. I walked into the room to a new kind of dancing that I haven't seen him perform before. I was fortunate to capture it on camera and sadly he hasn't done it since.
Now I must tell you, our house has toddler music going 24/7. I taught Michael the sign for music, which he does his own version of, and he uses his sign to ask for music as soon as he gets up and we go into the living room. And he lets you know immediately if he doesn't like the song. Actually, he warns you, and if you don't change the song that warning gets louder and louder until something is done about the horrific song that we are forcing him to listen to. Well, on this particular day, the music was playing as usual and he loved the song. I walked into the room to a new kind of dancing that I haven't seen him perform before. I was fortunate to capture it on camera and sadly he hasn't done it since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Greatest video ever!!! Maybe by the time Mike graduates from high school they'll have video yearbooks and you guys can submit this one for him =))
Post a Comment